Monday 14 May 2018

Quick round-up of 2017

I honestly had no idea I hadn't written a blog post since August last year!  Where does the time go?

I rounded off 2017 with a few more 10k races; the Farleigh Wallop trail race, which is my favourite race of the year, the RARE 10k at Harwell, where I was 27 seconds off my sub 1hr target, and finally the Dorney Autumn Series, where I finally beat that 1hr, with a finishing time of 59.51!  It's a totally flat 5k lap race, and you could do one lap or four, taking you up to half marathon distance.  I originally planned to do three laps, however on the day I just wasn't feeling it, so I did the two laps and 10k instead.  I definitely need to work on my stamina, as my natural pace has increased but I just can't seem to keep it going over distance.  My final race was a 5k Santa fun run in December, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy I found it, in spite of not running for six weeks between the last 10k and the 5k.  I had thought I would be holding my friend up and would really struggle, however it was a very enjoyable run, and we even made the paper!

Dinton Santa 5k 

Can you spot us?
And then, I stopped running again.  Same old story!  The end of 2017 was a surreal time for me, as I got made redundant from my job of 12 years.  In many ways, a relief, but left me feeling a bit discombobulated!  OK, a lot discombobulated!  I had thought that as I would have all this extra time on my hands, it would be a perfect time to train for the Reading Half Marathon and try to smash my half marathon PB, however I couldn't seem to get myself started, so I decided would give myself a bit of time at the end of the year, and pick everything up again in 2018 (including job hunting).
Farleigh Wallop 10k
Farleigh Wallop Medal - always a favourite!


RARE 10k

RARE 10k
Dorney 10k




No comments:

Post a Comment