Monday 17 July 2017

Getting the Funk Out of Here!

I write this whilst lounging with my feet up on the sofa eating ice cream directly out of the tub (Ben & Jerry's One Love - if you haven't tried it you should!).

I'm feeling pretty good, much much better than I was when I wrote my last blog.  I have been working on operation 'get the Funk out of here' in the only way I know how - getting back into a routine with the gym, and pulling my running trainers on - and it seems to be starting to work!  Yes, I am eating ice cream, however prior to the ice cream, I completed an hour long PT session, which I followed up with one of the best runs I have done this year.

I left the running for too long, and then got all messed up in my head thinking that I would be starting again and it would be hard and I would feel awful, which led to me putting it off over and over again.  I headed out to the canal towpath planning on running out one mile and then turning around and running back, just to find my feet again (really I was thinking I would just run two miles because it was probably going to be too hard to run any further. I am making progress against the Funk, but it is still there).  I settled into a lovely pace, and just didn't want to stop!  I ran a nice easy four miles, finishing strong up the only (very small) incline, which I had spent the entire run telling myself it would be OK to walk up if I needed to.  In fact, according to strava, it was a PR for me, so the fastest I have run up that little hill so far!  And when I had got back to the physiotherapy centre (where Pete was doing his PT session) I felt like I could have kept going.

So, I earned the ice cream, and the Funk is a step closer to being ousted.  A good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment